What could you find in this guide based on our experience?
- What kind of kitchen stone countertops IKEA offers?
- What are the benefits of IKEA kitchen countertops?
- Why IKEA countertops may not suit for your kitchen project?
- How to find the best contractor who will install a perfect kitchen countertop for your kitchen?
- What technical aspects you should know before start your kitchen project?
- 5 advantages of stone countertops from non-IKEA manufacturers.
- How to get a 10% discount for Quartz countertops from our trusted fabricator?
Today, IKEA offers 21 types of quartz countertops in four major tones including white, gray, brown and black.
Benefits of IKEA stone countertops
- Quartz is well known as one of the best materials used for kitchen countertops, because of its durability and easiness in maintenance.
- Design, as mentioned above IKEA provides customers with a choice of 21 different slab colours and designs.
- Price, quartz countertops from IKEA are generally cheaper than granite or marble countertops from other suppliers. But you can easily find much better deals for quartz if you google it.
- Easy to order, in fact, IKEA kitchen countertops are easy to order since you go to IKEA to place an order for a kitchen cabinets, however, keep in mind that ordering quartz countertops is a bit different process than ordering a kitchen.
Why use other companies to get countertop?
So why you can come up with an idea to use other companies to get a kitchen countertop from?
What if you need some more attractive stone design other than just colour? What if you want to have, let’s say trendy vein countertop? In this case, the selection of quartz countertops IKEA offers is not enough to accomplish that kind of request.
So here are several reasons why you need to consider other companies when you are selecting a kitchen countertop
- You need something more special than just regular grain and colour selection;
- If you want to use other materials than quartz or laminate, let’s say marble, granite, porcelain, or even onyx ;
- Even colours, IKEA has 21 tones, but there is much more on the market in Toronto;
- Many companies offer a same-day measuring and next-day installation, which is impossible if you go with IKEA;
- Same stone backsplash is also one of the features IKEA does not provide, but you can easily get it from another fabricator;
- Also, you will have a bigger selection of sink compering to what IKEA offers.
From the side of experienced IKEA kitchen installers, I would say that there is no specific need to go particularly with IKEA when it comes to the countertops. Especially considering that you can save money and have a better stone selection if you find the right alternative.
OK, so if you decided to go with an alternative company for your kitchen countertop here are some tips you need to be aware of
- Based on our experience the best material for kitchen countertops are quartz and granite. Marble is nice for baking, but you can not cut on it, otherwise, it gets damaged, and then microparts of food penetrate in;
- When you select countertop fabricators and installers, check with what brands they work, what is the timing and of course check portfolio of works they have done;
- To find one you can simply search on google.
So, to get started you will need to do the following
- Roughly measure your countertop and send a sketch over to the company you choose;
- After you agreed on a rough estimate, then estimator need to come and measure your kitchen and create a template if needed;
- Next step is to fabricate countertop out of slabs based on a measurements taken on site;
- The last thing is installation, usually, it takes several hours to install and seal the countertop.
Advantages of non-IKEA countertops
It is clear that non-IKEA countertops are the choice for people that has specific needs for countertop look and material, but there are some more reasons:
Same stone backsplash
Bigger sink selection
Get Your 10% Discount From Our Trusted Fabricator
Since IKEA already lunched its famous kitchen event, everyone who books an IKEA kitchen installation with Easy Afford, will receive a 10% discount on any quartz countertop from our trusted stone fabricator.
Offer is valid until the end of the IKEA fall 2019 kitchen event
If you have any questions simply call us at 647-406-2708